Dear Gate Aspirant,
GATE is one the hardest entrance exam in our country and the basics of all the subjects must be clear to get a decent score. Each one of you prepare to get into prestigious institutes like IISC, IIT, NITs. Sometimes even after a lot of preparation, students are not able to score well. Reason is that they either try to mug up all content or strain themselves on last minute. Now that the Gate is almost a Week away, Here are some tips and tricks to escalate your preparation and make you ready for the final day.
- Practice is the key-
- Practice previous year papers
- Think of the subjects you are weak at- (Practice subject wise mock tests)
- Experience GATE before GATE. Try Mock Test 1 and Mock Test 2
- Study Last Minute Notes to revise important concepts.If you have your own notes, surely go through them very thoroughly before sitting in exam.
- “Don’t lose your confidence”, if you think you can- YOU CAN.
- Concentrate on important and top scoring subjects now as the time left is too short. Some of the top topics that should be concentrated at this time
- You may create a timetable with the distribution of subjects. Working randomly may result in a great confusion at the end. If you have not covered a topic, try not to start it now , rather concentrate and make yourself more confident on all the topics you are well verse with. To gain more knowledge, have a look at last year papers and practice . Do NOT get panic and pressurize yourself at the last moment.
- Be familiar with all the instructions issued by GATE -2016 official site . This will save your time as well as it will allow you to concentrate more on answering the questions while giving Exam rather than remembering the instructions.
- Marking Scheme –
- For 1-mark multiple-choice questions, 1/3 marks will be deducted for a wrong answer.
- For 2-marks multiple-choice questions, 2/3 marks will be deducted for a wrong answer.
- There is no negative marking for numerical answer type questions.
- Do not strain yourself till the last minute. Relax, eat well, sleep well and believe in yourself.
- Remember, GATE Question patterns do repeat in all years so leave no stone unturned for making yourself through with Previous year Papers. Practice, more practice, and only practice is the key to crack GATE with a high score.
- Chill and Enter Examination Hall With A BIG SMILE
Hope This helps you. All the Best !!
Team GeeksforGeeks and GeeksQuiz